Monday, August 10, 2009

Kindling, Twigs, Sticks, Then Logs...Right?

Hey all, I just wanted to say a quick "hello, goodbye" for a little bit because I am going camping for the next few days! Chris, a couple of his friends from work and I are heading to Arran, which is a little island off the west coast of Scotland, early tomorrow morning. We'll be camping and hillwalking and generally having a nice, outdoorsy time for the next 3 days. I couldn't be more excited! I'm hoping my summer camp-attained fire building skills have stayed with me.

Also, I may or may not have some news of progress on the job front the next time I write. Let's just say that there is an...um, interesting...job opportunity that has come up and I may or may not have an interview next week. I'll know soon. Is that cryptic enough for you? Let me assure you now that it is, in fact, legal.

I just got back from meeting my friend Eithne's new puppy, Maude! She is the cutest little baby black lab ever and now my clothes smell like puppy. Heaven.

Last night, I couldn't sleep and ended up talking to Mary on the phone from 3-4:30 AM, and it was totally worth the bleary eyes I've been sporting all day. I also talked to Melissa and Alison yesterday, so I'm feeling a lot of love from back home. Sigh...

Alright, I've got to go pack up my waterproof gear and continue to break in my walking shoes! Miss you all.
xo

No comments: