Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Expensive Day...

...well, relatively.

So, it's Day 4 of 'Cheap Week' over here in Glasgow. Just to recap, Chris and I are trying to spend just £20 each this week--food, travel, entertainment, everything else included. Anyway, I was riding my bike into the city center today and got a flat tire--the same tire I replaced about a week ago (grumble, grumble). As a result of this, instead of spending £0 on travel, I had to put myself on a train to Cathcart and back, which cost a whopping £4.55. BOOOOOOooooo......

Anyway, so things are going pretty well, other than the little bump in the financial road today. In fact, we are finding this so painless that we've decided to do it one week a month until we repay our student loans. I owe some very nice people back home a big chunk of change and I'm eager to pay it off, and this will help.

Anyway, I'm about to head off to make some delicious (and thrifty) stew. I hope you're having good weeks so far!
xo

No comments: